Thursday, December 21, 2006

What Do I Want For Christmas?

You ask me, "What do you want for Christmas? What can we give you this year"? If I say, "Nothing!" you buy something anyway. So here's a list of what I would like:

Pajamas for a little child, food to feed the poor.
Blankets for the elderly, and I'll ask a little more
Perform good deeds and let me know, or volunteer your time.
These last are worth a fortune, and they needn't cost a dime.

I have too many things now, vases, candles, tapes and clocks.
I have my fill of garments, ties, underwear and socks.
Candy is too fattening, games I've more than 20.
I don't need trays or plates or cups, and knickknacks I have plenty.

I have no walls to hang more pictures; I have books I haven't read,
So please take what you'd spend on me and help the poor instead!
Just send a Christmas card to me and tell me what you've done;
I'll open them on Christmas Eve, and read them one by one.

It won't cost as much for postage as a package sent would do,
You'll need no wrapping paper, ribbons, ink or glue.
And I'll thank God you listened to what I had to say,
So we could be the instruments to help someone this way.

- Unknown, but wise author

Steve

No comments: