Tuesday, December 12, 2006

There is only one sin.

Some say the worst and most common sin is the sin of pride--not relying on God. I disagree.

I think the worst and most common sin is the sin of being lazy and selfish. It appears to me that most people (including myself) choose to rely upon God when they should be relying upon themselves. They rely on God to help the hungry, when (with self-sacrifice) they could provide that help. They rely on God to help the poor, when (with self-sacrifice) they could do it.

They rely on God to do many good things and hope to vicariously benefit from it because they "prayed". This attitude makes it easy for us to rely on Christ sacrificing his life for us, but hard for us to take up our cross and follow his example.

Sin? I believe there is only one sin -- with many manifestations -- the failure to love (care for others).

Steve

No comments: