Saturday, December 25, 2004

To Andrea -- Only One Chance?

Only One Chance?



Only one chance -- one choice.
God tells us how it's done.
Salvation comes when a choice is made
To accept His only Son.



But what of those who have not heard,
Or did not hear it well?
Will their ignorance cost them all
An eternity in Hell?



To not do what we know is good,
God tells us is a sin.
To not do what we do not know,
Well, where do we begin?



Even human judges ask,
"Did he know wrong from right?"
Before a judgement will be made
To cast him into night.



Do human judges have more love
Than does the great I AM?
Or are we missing something here
About God's Holy Plan?



The shoes in which we walk each day
Determine lots of things.
Like chances, riches, knowledge, skills,
Happiness and pain.



We are not created equal here,
Our parents aren't the same.
There's not a level playing field,
When playing in life's game.



God told us that it's not His will
That any soul should burn.
With this in mind, perhaps there's more
Our human minds can learn.



In Jesus Christ I put my trust
To save me from the lost.
And for God's mercy I pray hard
For the "T" I fail to cross.

---------------



Written for my wonderful daughter-in-law -- 2002



Love ya', Andrea,
Dad-2

No comments: